Electric propulsion is a new technology. A price difference can be significant due to the cost of the battery. We measure the power of an electric quad in Watts and we propose 3 main categories:
Autonomy: The autonomy takes into account 3 important criteria:
- Surface of use : The more the ground is uneven the more the quad will spend energy in order to keep a constant speed. Example : all terrain vs asphalt
- Child's weight : The more the weight of the child is important, the more the quad will spend energy to propel itself.
- Speed mode : 3 speed modes are available: slow (8km/h), medium (15km/h), and fast (25 km/h).
- 500 Watt: Entry level power: for children 5 to 6 years old
- 800 Watt: Most popular range. Wide range of use, ideal for children from 6 to 8 years old.
- 1000 Watt: Most powerful range. Ideal for large sizes from 7 years to 10 - 12 years old.
Battery Maintenance :
Recharge the battery before storing the quad for more than 30 days. In case the battery is not used permanently, it must be recharged at least every 30 days. Failure to follow these instructions will result in loss of battery power.